NMPA Membership and Log On (at left) is required to post messages. Non Members have read only access. Join NMPA now! For HELP using the Forum, see Instructions
Topic Options
#990 - 05/30/14 10:51 AM Negrito Workparty 6/6 thru 6/8
larryfilener Offline

enthusiast

Everyone:

Sorry for the delay in this, but I didn’t receive a formal ok from the USFS until today.

So, we are a go for next weekend (6/6 thru 6/8) for the Negrito Workparty.

Ron and I will be leaving Friday morning. We should arrive at Negrito around midafternoon. We will be returning early Sunday morning after breakfast.

I have given up trying to move rocks. Too darn many of those things and we were gettign nowhere. However, we have the following to-do list:

1. Add another 2 or 3 tie downs.
2. Add another wind sock on the south end of the field.
3. Install a fire ring in the place that the current fire pit is (note: that is still to be approved by the forest service).
4. Roll and smooth runway and move any rocks that are hazards in the runway.
5. Paint tetrahedron.

I am anticipating getting done with the above prettty early on Saturday, so hopefully we can have a little more recreation time.

I need the following:

1. Anyone who has a wheel barrow that we can mix cement in for the windsock and fire ring and you are coming in a mode of transportation that you can get it in, please bring that along. If you want to drop off at my house early Friday, let me know and we can haul it up for you.
2. Rakes, picks and shovels (remember your gloves).
3. Water. Ron and I will bring 40 or 50 gallons, but the cement will soak up a lot of water and we can use as much as you can bring.
4. Fire extinguishers (see below).

I will be furnishing meals for the following Friday evening / Saturday breakfast, lunch, dinner / Sunday breakfast.

Please let me know who will be coming and what meals you will be there for, so I can plan accordingly!!!

If you want to email me and let me know you will be coming, you can get my email address on this webiste. On the list to the left, go to "Contact Us". I am "Board Member, RAC", Larry F.

FIRE RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE – please be advised that there will be no open fires allowed. We will bring the grill to cook on, but no open fires.

WEATHER REPORT – Right now, if you are flying in, weather looks fine except for Friday afternoon, and afternoon rainshowers are expected. You may want to arrive early if you are coming Friday. Remember to check weather reports and this time of year, be flexible. Weather comes and goes and sometimes it is more prudent to set down and wait out showers than try to fly in convective activity. Also remember that in the afternoon when convective acitivity starts heating up, your at 8,000 feet. Don’t try to fly in severe wind conditions or convective activity. Wait for early evening or early morning when things calm down.

I am looking forward to seeing you at Negrito.

Thanks!! Larry

#995 - 06/10/14 12:58 PM Re: Negrito Workparty 6/6 thru 6/8 [Re: larryfilener]
Robert Duncan Offline

Loc: Crawford, CO
How did this turn out?

#1000 - 06/10/14 08:47 PM Re: Negrito Workparty 6/6 thru 6/8 [Re: Robert Duncan]
ronkeller Offline
enthusiast

All goals accomplished, 12 aircraft, 20 people, good WX.
Could have used some (Duncan Donuts) to go with the Starbucks coffee. Maybe next time Rob. Negrito fly-in in September? Would be great to have some Colorado neighbors there.